- Down Syndrome Association of Orange County - serves to provide the means necessary to empower individuals with Down Syndrome to reach their full potential
- Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County - provides educational services to help improve educational outcomes for students with Down Syndrome
- Team Up For Down Syndrome - Founded by former major-leaguer Rex Hudler, proceeds benefit housing, health, education, job training, and family counseling for those with Down Syndrome
- Reece's Rainbow - A Down Syndrome adoption ministry that provides adoption grants and advocacy for orphans with Down Syndrome and other special needs
- Buddy Walk - a fundraiser for the National Down Syndrome Society
- Pujols Family Foundation - Founded by major-leaguer Albert Pujols in honor of his daughter.
- Morgan's Wonderland (San Antonio, TX) - a fully accessible theme park for families with special needs
- Us Too Center (Lake Forest, CA) - provides gymnastics, music, and other recreational opportunities for kids with special needs, including autism and Down Syndrome
- Special Olympics of Southern California
- Gross Motor Skills in Children with Down Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals (Topics in Down Syndrome)
by Patricia Winders - I use this book regularly for parent education and home program ideas. I love all the photos of the kiddos demonstrating the activities!
- Fine Motor Skills for Children With Down Syndrome: A Guide for Parents And Professionals (Topics in Down Syndrome) by Maryanne Bruni - I'm a PT, but the local Regional Center often requests that I provide a global program. This book has helped me work on the fine motor skills of young children with Down Syndrome.
Websites and Blogs
- Noah's Dad - an enchanting blog that chronicles a father's experience raising a precious little boy with Down Syndrome. Trust me -- you'll fall in love with Noah, too!
- Down Syndrome Disability Fact Sheet
- Targeting Babies with Down Syndrome “Like Nazi Eugenics Project”
- Toilet Training Children with Down Syndrome
- 5 Boys + 1 Girl = 6