I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Diastasis Recti (part 3) - Tupler Splint

I got a nifty package in the mail this week and was so excited when I saw that it was my Tupler Technique Women's Package!

I wore my splint for the first time today.  It was a bit tricky to put on the first time, but after watching the video on the Tupler Technique website, I was able to get it on.  Once on, it felt like a nice, tight bear hug.  I wore the splint on my family's outing to the zoo in 95 degree heat and I wasn't horribly uncomfortable and hot while wearing it.  

*Keep in mind that I am only 4'11" and short-waisted, so take that into account:

PROS:
  •  Easy to don once you get the hang of it
  • Comfortable to wear (I wore mine over a maternity camisole)
  • My belly and back felt very supported while wearing the splint
  • I did not experience any problems with the splint riding up or down
  • Since it does not extend past the hips, I had no problem going to the bathroom or changing clothes while wearing it.  (though those would be opportune times to readjust the splint to ensure proper fit)

CONS:
  • At $48, it can be cost-prohibitive for some, but seriously, the relief I felt was worth more than $48!
  • Because I'm short-waisted, the arms of the splint would get bunched up if I did any sort of bending. (but I shouldn't be bending anyway -- good body mechanics, right?)  When this did happen, it was a little lumpy under my clothes.
  • If you have your heart set on a white splint, they only come in size L and XL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment