I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Partial Review of Perfect Pushing DVD

I haven't blogged for quite a while, but I'm back with an 8-week-old baby boy!

Welcome to the world, baby J!

My last month of pregnancy was more difficult than we anticipated.  Aside from the pain I consistently experience during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  My blood sugar was well-controlled and my baby was a good size until week 38, when I was told that baby was measuring at 40 weeks and my sugars were starting to go haywire.  As a result, I had to be induced by 39 weeks.



I had every intention of having a fantastic birth experience using the techniques learned from the Perfect Pushing DVD, but God had other plans for me.  My epidural worked a little too well and I was having a very difficult time pushing, so I was unable to put Julie Tupler's techniques into practice.  I ended up having a vacuum-assisted delivery and was literally one push away from an emergency C-section.

So here is a partial review of Perfect Pushing:

Pros:
  • All the exercises are clearly explained as they are being demonstrated
  • The exercises themselves are not difficult
  • I like to think that using these techniques enabled me to make one final push to avoid an emergency C-section

Cons:
  • I would have loved it if pregnant women of all shapes and sizes were shown performing the exercises.
  • This is just my personal opinion, but the cover image of a baby being squeezed out of a toothpaste tube is a bit creepy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment