I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

CHOC Walk

On October 16, my oldest son and I participated in the CHOC Walk together for the third time.  We are hoping to raise at least $1100 for Children’s Hospital of Orange County.   Proceeds from this event will support health care programs, education and research at CHOC Children's.

The reason we walk is twofold.  First, we walk to thank all the healthcare professionals at CHOC who have helped diagnose and treat my son Damien over the years.  Second, I walk to honor all the CHOC babies who I’ve worked with over the past 9 years:
·         A boy with Down syndrome who would ride the bus with his mom for over 2 hours just to get to therapy
·         A boy who contracted meningitis at 11 months old and is now blind and deaf
·         A boy born at 23 weeks who learned to walk just before his 3rd birthday
·         A girl with a chromosomal disorder who had her colostomy removed at CHOC last month
·         And many more precious children!
You can sponsor us at www.chocwalk.net/tanajimenez by October 28.
Thank you in advance for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment