I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Products I Love - Fisher Price Classical Stacker

I am a huge fan of the Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Super Star Classical Stacker. (boy, that's a mouthful!)  Any ring stacker is a great toy for babies and toddlers because they help with fine motor skills, sequencing, sorting, concepts of size, and color recognition.  I especially like this stacker because it gives wonderful visual and auditory feedback when a child makes a successful or near-successful attempt to place the star-shaped rings on the stacker's base.  I use it frequently during my therapy sessions to help kids gain the skills listed above and to help with locomotion as I will have children take the stars from one side of the room to the stacker base on the other side of the room.






PROS:
  • The music is enjoyable and not too loud
  • Each star has a different color and texture
  • Even if the batteries run out, this toy can still perform its intended use
  • The stars are easy to clean


CONS:
  • It is not the cheapest stacker on the market
  • It's battery-operated, which adds an additional expense when the batteries run out
  • Made of plastic that may not be BPA-free
  • Made in China (for those of you sensitive to that)

No comments:

Post a Comment