I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Monday, January 2, 2012

What to Say About Another Practitioner

I came across this article on my Professional Liability Insurance company's website and thought I'd share it: What to Say About Another Practitioner.

In my experience, I have seen business deals go under because some of my therapist colleagues spoke ill of other therapists in the community and the clinic owner refused to nurture a toxic work environment.  I have seen friendships lost, professional relationships severed, and patient families left confused as a result of gossip amongst healthcare practitioners. 

Now, if you have a legitimate concern, I'm sure you can find a tactful way to express it.  Namecalling and backstabbing will only serve to give people a sense of concern about you.  The therapy community is a small one, so what goes around truly comes around eventually.

I think that Bambi gives a fantastic life lesson: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment