I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Need a workout with your kids? Just Dance Kung Fu!

Here is one of the Imagination Movers' new videos from their Rock-O-Matic album.  (more on them later!)  You'll get a great cardio workout and learn some funky new dance moves, too.  My boys (even the 13-month-old) love rocking out to this song!


Dancing helps children develop a sense of rhythm as they move their bodies to the beat.  The dance moves in this song also help with gross motor skills -- "I've got gum on my shoe" and "Hot sidewalk" help with single-leg stance, "Pick a penny up" helps build lower extremity strength through squat to stand, and "Duck a water balloon" helps with lunging and dynamic balance.  Everything else is just plain fun!

So go ahead and Dance Kung Fu -- it's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment