I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Did you know? -- Pujols Family Foundation

I'm a lifelong Angels fan, but I have to admit that I haven't been following the team much this season because I've been so preoccupied with my son's IEP process, starting special Ed and OT, running my household, and working.  I know that Albert Pujols' performance is disappointing to some and I know that the team has a terrible record.  So I was pleasantly surprised to learn this morning that Albert Pujols has a daughter with Down syndrome and he started a foundation in her honor.

The Pujols Family Foundation's vision statement is "To promote awareness, provide hope and meet tangible needs for families and children who live with Down syndrome. To provide extraordinary experiences for children with disabilities and/or life threatening illnesses. To improve the standard of living and quality of life for impoverished children in the Dominican Republic through education, medical relief and tangible goods."  The foundation has recently gone nationwide, so I expect to hear more about it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment