I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Monday, July 30, 2012

The goal of PT for Children with Down Syndrome




This is a fantastic article about the goal of physical therapy for children with Down syndrome, written by Patricia C. Winders, PT: The Goal and Opportunity of Physical Therapy for Children with Down Syndrome.  She is the author of a book that I use frequently in my practice entitled Gross Motor Skills in Children with Down Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals.  This book is an inexpensive resource that offers many home program ideas for parents to perform with their children.  I love the fact that each chapter includes a progression of activities as the children gain skills.  The numerous photos are a major plus, too, as I am a very visual person.


No comments:

Post a Comment