I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

I'm not just a PT, I'm also a parent!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baby Bath Seat Recall

Summer Infant has issued a voluntary recall of their Mother's Touch Deluxe Baby Bathers due to a defect that has unfortunately led to skull fractures in babies.  The product as a label warning of fall hazards, but apparently, caregivers have not heeded this warning.

This is a photo of one style of the recalled bath seat, courtesy of www.summerinfant.com


Four kids down the line, I seem to recall reading that bath seats were unsafe.  Something tells me that infants weren't meant to be carried in these seats, either.  To me, the more moving parts something has, the less likely someone should be carrying their child in it.

Parents, if you have one of these, please go to Summer Infant's recall website to learn how to get a repair kit.  I would hate to hear of any more precious babies fracturing their skulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment